LIFE INSPIRED, FUNCTION FOCUSED
Our integrated disciplinary efforts with visionary healthcare, higher education and research clients achieve measurable outcomes through metrics-driven design solutions.
INTERIOR DESIGN PROCESS
At LA MER INTERIOR DESIGN studio designers believe a
productive and dynamic space is born via a method of exploration,
brainstorming, processing, filtering, and filtering again. This
proven interior design process includes the following phases:
UNDERSTANDING YOUR GOALS
LA MER INTERIOR DESIGN will conduct visioning sessions where designers investigate and explore your goals, listen to your ideas, and most importantly, learn about your company and space culture.
Some of the information discussed and collected during the Programming stage includes:
• What are your goals for this project?
• What is your brand? Who is your target market?
• What do you like and what works about your existing space? What needs improvement?
• What is your budget?
TO CREATE A MORE ENGAGING AND SUPPORTIVE SPACE WITH PURPOSE
LA MER INTERIOR DESIGN will develop a layout for your new space so that it is functional, safe, and accessible by examining the needs of your end users, as well as local building codes, traffic flow, and requested adjacencies or relationships.
In the Schematic Design stage you may receive:
• A site measure of your existing or new space and inventory of existing fixtures, furniture or equipment to be reused;
• Creation of a CAD drawing based on existing site conditions;
• Review of building code & local regulations as it pertains to your project;
• Space planing
• A meeting or two to review and make changes to the layout.
TRANSFORMING YOUR VISION INTO A UNIQUE DESIGN PLAN
During this phase, your project will come to life in 3D- a perk you enjoy by working with LA MER DESIGN.
TO CREATE A MORE ENGAGING AND SUPPORTIVE SPACE. FURNITURE, LIGHTING, ART DECORATION FIND THE BEST SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR PROJECT.
LA MER INTERIOR DESIGN closely with some manufacturing and distributing contacts to select appropriate furniture that meets your budget, timeline, and functional requirements, while obtaining quotes to initiate orders. In the Furniture stage you may receive:
• Internal research of available furniture options;
• Internal review of available options;
• Basic 3D images of the design concept;
• selection of finishes for chosen furniture;
• one or two meetings to review and make changes to the proposed options
• quotes to initiate orders for furniture.
Contract documents typically consist of drawings and specifications; they provide the technical details to build your design plan. In the Contract Document stage you may receive:
• a complete set of interior design construction drawings (ready for permits, pricing, and construction): floor plans, ceiling plans/basic lighting plans, basic electrical plans, elevations, details/sections, and finish specifications.
• coordination with other project consultants including weekly check-ins.
• preparation of all materials and sample bored of wall colors, flooring and textiles required so you can apply for a building permit.
• a review meeting with you for final sign-off on plans and design.
LA Mer Interior Design founded by Fariba Molavi in 2015 based in California, Los angels and Ventura County. Fariba has lived as an interior designer and visual artist in different residences ranging from a mid-century modern to a 2000 years old clapboard residence in a historic section of center of Iran as an ancient country, moved from mid- century classical, Vienna, Austria to Southern California.
This wide range of dwellings has helped inform Fariba’s eclectic style and effortless merging of modern and classic aesthetics, and has fostered a deep understanding of a wide range of cultural, architectural and art styles.
Fariba is renowned for her knowledge and expertise in both historical decorative arts, and contemporary collectible and conceptual design. She has curated many projects and shows focusing primarily on the space between fine art and functional design and livable, and above all, comfortable. Working with care, humor and understanding, Fariba strives to realize her client’s visions in a way that is fun, creative and collaborative.
As an artist Fariba has absorbed an acute attention to form associated with architecture. She refines her own visual and conceptual vocabulary, a vocabulary that evolved through her focus on the common points in architecture, calligraphy and spatial analysis. Her artwork is a realization of a sense of unity between physical material and the conceptualization of her ideas. It is very important to her to create personal aesthetics of the works and combining the reality with the artificiality.
Fariba received an honorary Master degree in fine Art in Iran and is currently continuing her studies in architecture. She has participated in many group and solo art exhibitions that have won her many awards in the fine arts and interior design categories from Iran, Europe and the United States.
Fariba’s paintings are brought to life by the mixing of dimensional relief sculpting with collage, acrylic, watercolor and a mixed media. Her signature work consists of bright, bold colors, with heavily layered impasto effects.
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT WWW.FARIBAMOLAVI.COM